Supports the graphic design and graphic on-air systems. Knowledge and extensive experience of Viz software and systems is mandatory. An understanding of the supporting systems is required, but specific knowledge of the installed systems can be supported with training.
- Initial contact point for technical issues regarding the broad range of Sky News's graphics systems.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots technical issues in output and in the production of creating graphic materials.
- Support workflows and processes which run on graphics platforms, including automation scripts, template systems, data feeds and newsroom tools.
- Escalate issues to relevant support teams, including Engineering, ITSD, DCMT, developers, and ensure rapid and satisfactory resolution of issues.
- Help create more efficient methods of building graphics.
- Engage with suppliers and external support partners to quickly resolve issues.
- Passionate about technology, live broadcast production, animation and thrives on innovation.
- Experience and ability to liaise with production and editorial staff over daily programming needs.
- Management of digital assets and archival processes on graphics storage devices and asset management systems.
Key Skills, Experience and Education:
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the Viz product range, including (Viz Artist 3.x, Viz Artist plugins 3.x, Viz Engine 3.x, Viz MSE, Viz Hub, Viz World server and client, Viz Content Pilot, Viz Template wizard, Viz Trio, Viz Ticker, PBus).
- Programming Viz3 scripting language, VCP Template Solutions, DataPool, Transition Logic Clear understanding of data and realtime data integration broadcast use.
2. Passport-size photograph
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy closing dates are subject to change.