The Broadcast Developer works within the Broadcast Computing department and is primarily involved in software development to support the Broadcast Graphics and Online operations. They will continually work to ensure that developed programs are error‐free and conducive in maintaining Sky News Arabia's look on-air and online.
- Developing hardware/software solutions as instructed by the Broadcast Computing Manager
- Liaising with designers, producers, technical directors, studio production staff, program makers and a wide cross‐section of the business.
- Ensuring that effective and up‐to‐date documentation is available for all systems.
- Ensuring that all faults are logged and that reporting procedures are followed.
Key Skills, Experience and Education:
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
- Proven experience in full‐fledged application development using (but not limited to) either .net, VB (legacy), Oracle, or SQL Server.
- Previous experience with .net, VB (legacy), Oracle, SQL Server
- Experience of working in an Agile environment desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of iNews (associated plug‐ins), Broadcast Graphics environments - Chyron/Viz, Outlook, EVS Software, Web services
- BA degree in Computer Sciences would be preferred
- Minimum of 4 years experience
- Good written and spoken Arabic and English
2. Passport-size photograph
Due to the fast paced nature of our business, vacancy closing dates are subject to change.